So you're having a party. You want live entertainment...band or dj? How do you decide?
There are a number of factors you need to consider:
1. Where will you have the party?
2. How many guests?
3. What is the cause for your celebration?
4. What is your budget?
1. size of venue - Your party venue is very important in choosing your entertainment. If your venue can accommodate 400 guests, a dj or a small band would be overwhelmed in such a large room.
You would need to consider a larger band or orchestra. If you are concerned that the band could not play everything that your guests want then you may want to add a dj to the mix.
However, any good band will take requests; note, also, that a great band will learn songs that you request. Remember to give them plenty of notice with your requests. Try to be reasonable with your demands.
2. # of guests - If you have 500 guests in attendance, a 5-piece band will not be large enough!
You need to consider the number of guests and choose the band accordingly.
3. what are we celebrating? - A backyard picnic does not require a big band. If the event is a small home party, then one or two musicians should suffice. Some options for a small party could be: jazz duo or single, steel drummer, a singing guitarist, classical guitarist, one-man band, harpist, or a dj. If you are having a large event, however, a larger band or orchestra will be needed.
4. Budget$$ - Figure out a budget and stick to it. When you are working with a reputable agent let them know how much you want to spend. A knowledgeable booking agent will have enough talent at his disposal to accommodate your needs. Do not let an agent talk you into something you neither need or want! A reputable entertainment agency will listen to your needs.
You need an honest, reputable agency.
Call Entertainment Consultants Phone: (908)464-0038
They have been providing quality entertainment in the New York Metropolitan area since 1985.
The follwing links will connect you with their YouTube and Facebook pages.
Connect to YouTube Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter